For vegetarian braais, you may think there aren’t many options apart from stuffed mushrooms and butternuts in foil. Why not try these vegetarian sausage braai kebabs?
Vegetarian braai kebabs
- 4 Fry’s Vegetarian Braai Flavour Country Herb Sausages
- Half a red onion, peeled and cut into blocks
- Half a yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into blocks
- Half a Red pepper, deseeded and cut into blocks
- Two baby marrows, topped and tailed, cut into rounds
- Six portabellini mushrooms, cubed
- Four skewers
- 60 ml syrup
- 60 ml wholegrain mustard
Slice each braai sausage into 4-5 pieces. Skewer the sausages and vegetables onto the kebab stick in any order you prefer.
To make the basting sauce, combine syrup and wholegrain mustard. Pour sauce over skewers. Bake or grill skewers in the oven for 10 minutes at 180°C or place on the braai for 10-15 minutes. Serve with a summer salad or baked potato.
Go to www.frysvegetarian.co.za to find more great vegetarian braai recipes.