We have an exciting and challenging opportunity within the Getaway team – for a Junior Photojournalist with a particular interest in travel gear and equipment.
Reporting to the Getaway Editor and based in Sandton, the successful candidate will be responsible for our gear and equipment column.
You’ll need to have excellent writing and photographic skills, together with a passion for gear, the outdoors and African travel.
- Conceptualising, initiating, researching and producing gear content including reviews, new product news and more for web and print
- Fostering relationships with key manufacturers
- Travelling for features on occasion
- Fulfilling a role as part of the creative team, delivering the Getaway editorial strategy and vision
Skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Excellent writing skills, with a passion for travel and outdoor gear as subjects
- Proficient in photography, and confident in own photographic skills
- Ability to interpret a subject and communicate meaning through photographs and images
- Previous travel photojournalism experience advantageous
- Computer literacy essential (PC and Mac)
- Experience with Lightroom or equivalent an advantage
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness and availability to travel regularly (and handle own travel plans)
- Social media and online skills
Should you wish to be considered for this role, please submit your application, accompanied by an updated CV, and great examples of your writing and images (or the link to your online portfolio) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close on Friday 28 September 2012.