Luxury along the Zambezi River
Spend three romantic nights overlooking the spectacular Zambezi River at the 5-star Sussi and Chuma Lodge just outside Livingstone, Zambia. Named after David Livingstone’s faithful companions, Sussi and Chuma consists of an intimate lodge and twelve exclusive tree houses, both of which are situated on the banks of the Zambezi River.
Built in the canopy of majestic ebony trees that shelter a stunning variety of bird life, the tree houses each have their own private verandah, en-suite facilities including a shower and bath and air conditioning. Meals are table d’hote with a wide variety of dishes available, served alfresco, often around a roaring fire in the evening. Guests can enjoy a variety of activities including canoeing, boat cruises, walks in the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park as well as spa treatments and game drives.
Cost of the 5-star Luxury Zambezi Package
- R17 250 per person sharing (06 Jan-14 Jun; 01 Nov-20 Dec 2018)
- R18 950 per person sharing (15 Jun-31 Oct; 21 Dec-06 Jan 2019)
* Rates are for SADC residents. International rates available on request.
* Booking restrictions may apply.
- Throughout 2018
- Return flights from Johannesburg to Livingstone, Zambia
- Airport taxes
- Return airport transfers
- 3 nights’ accommodation at Sussi & Chuma, in a Tree House
- All meals, water & all soft drinks
- Two daily activities
- Tour of the Victoria Falls (excluding heritage park fee)
- Village tour and boat cruise
- Emergency medical evacuation (guests still require their own travel insurance)
- Anything not mentioned above
- Non regional resident surcharge
- Zambia Heritage fee of $20 and $10 per person per day and park fees which are payable direct
- Alcoholic drinks *A drinks voucher costing an additional $25 per person per day can be added on to your package which will cover the cost of all local drinks. Please advise us at the time of enquiry.
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance
Other daily activities included
- Game drives
- Take a 4×4 drive in the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park. The park has elephant, impala, giraffe, buffalo, hippo, crocodile, zebra in large numbers and an exciting array of birds.
- Walking Safari
- Morning walks will depart early and will include a break with tea, coffee and snacks. The late afternoon walk finish at a special sundowner spot where guests will be served drinks and canapés while enjoying the magnificent sunset.
- Canoeing the Zambezi
- Enjoy a two hour canoeing excursion on the Zambezi River either in the morning or afternoon
Type of package
- Luxury fly-in holiday
Terms and conditions
- Bookings can only be made 60 days prior to the date of departure from 15 June to 31 October 2018 and 21 December-06 January 2019
- Prices are quoted per person sharing
- Rates may vary if the costed class is not available on the dates you have chosen or if the airport taxes have adjusted
- Subject to availability & ROE fluctuations
- Packages are calculated on the current ROE (subject to change throughout the year)
- This rate is valid for SADC residents only. Proof of SADC residence will be required.
- International rates are available on request.
- Guests are strongly advised to take out full travel and medical insurance
- Guests are advised to take malaria medication. Please consult your doctor or travel clinic for suitable medication