Head to the idyllic paradise of Amafu Forest Lodge in Limpopo, Blyde River Canyon in our very own backyard of South Africa. Located right beneath the majestic Mariepskop mountain the lodge is backed by 180 degrees of spectacular mountain with bushveld valley extending below as far as the eye can see.
The Lowveld is jam-packed with outdoor activities including bush game viewing in the nearby Kruger National Park. Stay in the stilted honeymoon tent for a romantic getaway weekend, which has its own private deck area and plunge pool or opt for a family unit for a a week break in ths bush.
Cost of Amafu Forest Lodge Break
Pay 2, stay 3 Romantic Weekend Special
- R5 880 per person sharing
Pay 4, stay 5 Catch a Relaxer Break
- R6 325 per person sharing
* Family units are also available. Please request a quote.
- Throughout 2016
- Accommodation in a luxury tent or cabin (aircon and ensuite)
- Breakfast and dinner daily
- Relaxing massage per person at Godding and Godding Spa
- Picnic lunch (including a bottle of wine) packed for a self-drive trip up Mariepskop mountain (if you have a suitable vehicle) or to take with you in the Kruger National Park
- A bottle of chilled champagne on arrival
- A guided tour at the Moholoholo Animal Rehabilitation Centre (Included in the Catch a Relaxer package only; can be an additional add-on)
- Waterfall hike through Matumi Forest
- Boat cruise on the Blydepoort Dam
- Transport to and from Amafu and activities
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Items of a personal nature
Amafu Forest Lodge Break
Day 1: Johannesburg/Amafu Forest Lodge
Drive along the scenic Panorama Route in Mpumalanga towards the Blyde River Canyon in Limpopo. After arriving at Amafu Forest Lodge you will have a chance to unpack and unwind, soaking up the views. Enjoy dinner in the boma or outside on your wooden deck.
Day 2-5: Amafu Forest Lodge
Spend the next 5 days touring the area and enjoying the list of activities included in your package. There will also be ample time to visit one of the neighbouring game reserves for a bush game drive or walk. The Klaserie, Timbavati and Kruger National Park are all within easy driving distance.
Day 6: Johannesburg
After enjoying a leisurely breakfast, you will start your journey home.