Taking advantage of the mega wildlife that can be found in the Chobe and Savute, this mobile camping safari offers groups a wilderness escape into the Botswana bush where guests can fully experience all that the park has to offer, where technology and daily routine take a back seat.The green season (November-April) is a fantastic time to visit Botswana with excellent bird life, plentiful game (including a high population of elephant) and predator sightings. The dry season (May-October) is also a great time to visit as wildlife is easier to spot and temperaures are milder. The safari is geared to private families or groups with a minimum of six people that have a keen interest in wildlife, game viewing and camping in the bush.
Cost of Botswana Wilderness Group Safari
Low season (31 Mar 2017)
- R17 270 per person sharing
*Minimum of x4 pax for a departure
High season (01 Apr-15 Nov 2017)
- R18 840 per person sharing
*Minimum of x6 pax for a departure
- Throughout 2017
- All camping equipment
- Camp assistant/chef to do the back-up work
- Senior licensed professional guide
- Canvas tents (2x2m) mosquito gauze on door and windows
- Ground mattress with sleeping bag, pillow, pillow case, sheets, blanket and bath towel
- Toiletries (toilet paper only)
- Shared shower and bush toilet
- Canvas basin- one per tent – filled with hot water every morning
- Two course meals around the campfire with table and directors chairs
- Tableware: table cloths & paper napkins, durable melamine crockery, cutlery
- Limited bar: filtered/bottled water & cordials (clients will be taken to a shop before departure on safari to buy soft drinks and alcoholic beverages)
- Game drive vehicles which pull trailers with camping equipment
- All park entry and camping fees
- Government taxes and levies
- International and charter flights
- Any transfers and excursions not specified
- Travel, cancellation and medical insurance
- Toiletries and laundry
- Tips and gratuities for guides and camp staff
Type of package
- Adventure and sightseeing
Botswana Wilderness Group Safari itinerary
Day 1: Kasane/Chobe National Park
Pick up from Kasane and travel to your private campsite within the Chobe National Park. Enjoy a game drive and sundowner by the Chobe River.
Day 2-3: Chobe
Explore Chobe’s beautiful waterfront and valleys. An early wake up call with a continental breakfast before you morning drive followed by brunch and a siesta when you return means you have time to both explore and relax. In the afternoon you will have tea before heading out on an afternoon game drive then back for a bush shower and
dinner under the stars. All activities are flexible depending on what you may see in the bush. On day 3 you will have an early lunch then drive out to Kasane for your 3 hour Chobe River cruise between 1-4pm where you can see hippos, crocs and elephant coming to the water to drink as well as wonder at the incredible birdlife on the river. Northern Chobe is famous for its huge elephant & buffalo herds, puku, kudu, Chobe bushbuck and hippo as well as diverse bird life.
Day 4-6: Savute
Enjoy a short game drive in Chobe before meeting up and driving in convoy to Savute. This is about a 4-5 hour drive through community areas and National Park. You stop for a packed lunch on the way. After arriving and freshening up at your new campsite you can go on a game drive to explore your surroundings. On day 5 and 6 you have two whole days to explore Savute. The Marsh in Savute is typical grassland surrounded by Acacia bush and stony outcrops. In this unique area Savute is famous for its lone elephant bulls, its lions and hyaenas as well as the zebra and wildebeest. Other game one can hope to see include: giraffe, tsessebe, warthog, black-backed jackal, leopard, cheetah, bat-eared fox, impala, wild dog and kudu. It is also a great place to visit some of the Bushmen rock paintings on Bushmen hill which overlooks the Savute Channel.
Day 7: Kasane
Wake up to a scrumptious breakfast, before breaking up camp and driving from Savute back to Kasane for your
onward travel arrangements.
– The trip starts and ends at Kasane
– Transport is in open 4×4’s
– Accommodation: adventure camping
– Activities: 4×4 game drives, three hour boat cruise, three hour mokoro trip
– Scenic flight back to Maun and extensions to visit the Victoria Falls on the last day can arranged at an additional cost
– Guests could be asked to assist the guide or staff with occasional camp chores such as collecting firewood or water, packing up camp, etc
Terms and Conditions
- Prices are subject to currency fluctuations until booking confirmation has been received.
- Prices are based on a rate of exchange of R15.70 to $1.