Cape + Winelands Tour
Break away to Cape Town for a 4-day holiday that will get you out and about the Cape Peninsula and into the Cape winelands. Hob nob with the elite in Camps Bay, taste some exquisite wines in the Stellenbosch winelands and take photos of the African Penguin at Boulders Beach. A full day Cape Point Tour is also included. This tour is great for international as well as local visitors.
Cost of Cape + Winelands Tour
* Based on daily scheduled departures
Southern Sun Waterfront
- R8 100 per person sharing (Jan-30 Apr 2017)
- R6 900 per person sharing (May-31 Aug 2017)
- R8 900 per person sharing (Sep-31 Dec 2017)
- R12 700 per person sharing (Jan-30 Apr 2017)
- R 9 700 per person sharing (May-31 Aug 2017)
- R14 000 per person sharing (Sep-31 Dec 2017)
*Exclusive departure rates available on request
- Throughout 2017
- Return airport transfers
- Accommodation in a double room at The President Hotel or Radisson Hotel
- Breakfast daily
- English speaking guide / driver for all tours and transfers
- Full day Cape Point tour
- Entrance to Cape Point, Boulders Beach and Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- Full day winelands tour
- 3 wine tastings
- Half day Cape Town city
- Company Gardens
- Entrance to South African Museum and Castle of Good Hope
- Drive through the Bo-Kaap
- Taxes and fees
- Travel insurance
- Gratuities to local guides and drivers
- Single supplement
- Personal supplies
- Anything not mentioned
- Foreign speaking guides available on request and will be applicable to a surcharge
Cape + Winelands Tour Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival and exploring Cape Town
When you arrive in Cape Town you will be met by a representative who will transfer you to your hotel where you will stay whilst in Cape Town.
After a hearty breakfast you will be collected at the hotel to start discovering Cape Town. You will be taken to Table Mountain where you will have the opportunity to take the cable car to the top and enjoy a bird’s eye view of Cape Town from one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. (Cable Car Ticket not included in the cost below and for clients own account. Cable Car – weather dependent).
You will then make your way to the Company Gardens where you can take a stroll through this tranquil setting in the heart of Cape Town, you can then visit the South African Museum located at the top of the Company Gardens. You will also pay a visit to the Castle of Good Hope and explore the rich history associated with this unique building, the oldest in South Africa.
We end off with a drive through the colourful Bo-Kaap area before heading to the modern Victoria and Alfred Waterfront where you can do some shopping.
Day 2: Excursion to Cape Point
After breakfast at the hotel, you will be collected for your tour of the Cape Peninsula. You will experience narrow cliff roads, with the roaring sea beneath you while passing through picturesque villages. At Hout Bay, you will have the opportunity to take a short boat ride through the heavy surf and out to Duiker Island, where thousands of Cape Fur Seals live (own account). You will be able to get close to the colony and see them bathing on the rocks and playing in the water around the boat.
We then make our way over Constantia Nek to Boulders Beach to visit the African Penguin colony. After another short drive we reach the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve covering 7,680 acres. In addition to the beautiful coastal landscapes of this region, the reserve is also home to ostriches, baboons and several species of antelope. A little trip out to the tip of the Peninsula known as Cape Point will commence where we can enjoy magnificent views.
On your way back to Cape Town we visit Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens.
Day 3: Excursion to the Winelands
After breakfast you will visit South Africa’s famous wine country, about an hour’s drive from Cape Town. You may know Stellenbosch, South Africa’s second oldest town, from wine labels. The city was founded in 1679, and its wine making tradition is almost as old as the town itself. You will of course visit some of the town’s wineries and taste the glorious nectar that this valley is famous for.
Day 4: Transfer to Cape Town Airport
After a memorable vacation it is time to bid farewell to South Africa and return home.
Terms and conditions
- Conditions and validities apply
- This offer is subject to availability
- Prices may change due to seasonal and exchange rate fluctuations
- Accommodation is per person sharing, unless otherwise specified