Kayak and snorkel your way around some of the most scenic spots around Lake Malawi in the south of Malawi. You’ll have a chance to ease your toes into warm sandy beaches around the lake and immerse yourself into its clear waters where over 800 species of tropical fish play. This is one adventure best enjoyed in a swimsuit.
Cost of Malawi Island Hopping Adventure
*Green season (Nov-30 June 2017)
- USD2290 per person sharing (based on 2 people)
- USD2080 per person sharing (based on 4 people)
- USD2015 per person sharing (based on 6 people)
*Peak Season (July-31 Oct 2017)
- USD2495 per person sharing (based on 2 people)
- USD2290 per person sharing (based on 4 people)
- USD2220 per person sharing (based on 6 people)
Add international flight (JHB-Lilongwe-JHB)
- USD420 per person (approximate)
- Throughout 2017
- 2 nights at the Blue Zebra Lodge, in a luxury en-suite safari tent
- 3 nights at Mumbo Island, in a tent / chalet with own bathroom
- 2 nights in Cape Maclear at Annie’s Lodge, in an en-suite chalet
- All meals
- Non-motorised water sports
- Professional guides
- All road and boat transfers
- International airfares (can be arranged on request)
- Motorized water sports
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Anything not mentioned
Malawi Island Hopping Adventure Itinerary
Day 1-3: Blue Zebra Lodge, Senga Bay-Nankoma Island
Welcome to Malawi, the warm heart of Africa! Upon arrival at the Lilongwe International Airport, you will be welcomed by your guide. After greetings, you will be transferred to Senga Bay where you will have a boat transfer to Nankoma Island. Your accommodation will be at Blue Zebra Lodge.
Blue Zebra Lodge offers eight tented en-suite chalets, each overlooking the lake. The chalets are set in an unspoiled environment and guests are surrounded by nature and luxury. Guests are free to chill at the infinity pool or kayak and snorkel around the island.
Day 3-6: Mumbo Lodge, Lake Malawi
After breakfast at Blue Zebra Lodge you will have a boat transfer to the stunning Mumbo Island where you will be accommodated for the next three nights.
Mumbo Island is a deserted tropical island on the expansive waters of the Lake Malawi. With amazing underwater boulders, around 800 species of colorful cichlid fishes and placid, clear water, the national park offers what many consider the best freshwater snorkeling and scuba diving in the world.
Day 6-8: Annie’s Lodge, Cape Maclear
Enjoy your last morning at Mumbo Island. After breakfast you will have a 45-minute boat transfer back to Cape Maclear. You will stay at Annie’s Lodge, located right on the beach front for the last two nights of your tour.
Annie’s Lodge is the perfect place from which to explore the little village by foot and engage in the many water sports on offer. The lodge has it’s own restaurant, lounge and an outdoor pool. All eleven apartments provide conveniences like refrigerators and coffee makers, plus WiFi and flat-screen TVs. Room and laundry services are among the other amenities available to guests.
Day 8: Departure
All good things must come to an end and today after breakfast we will transfer you to Lilongwe International Airport for your flight back home.
Things to Do
- Take a cruise on a dhow
- Lounge on a hammock
- Swim in the warm waters of Lake Malawi
- Snorkel and scuba dive in crystal clear water
- Kayak to rocky outcrops around the lake
- Interact with local community in an African village
- Enjoy a meal of freshly caught seafood
- Enjoy a sunset cruise
Terms and conditions
- Conditions and validities apply
- This offer is subject to availability
- Prices may change due to seasonal and exchange rate fluctuations
- Visas may be necessary and insurance is essential
- Accommodation is per person sharing, unless otherwise specified
- An additional night in Lilongwe may be required depending on flight arrival time