Mobile Group Safari
Explore the beauty of the Okavango Delta in Botswana, renowned for its spectacular wildlife and stunning scenery. On this seven day mobile camping safari you will drive in 4×4’s deep into Moremi Game Reserve and Khwa, discover the vast waterways of the Okavango Delta by mokoro, boat and game drives. Read 5 ways to experience the Okavango Delta The green season (November-April) is a fantastic time to visit Botswana with excellent bird life, plentiful game (including a high population of elephant) and predator sightings. The dry season (May-October) is also a great time to visit as wildlife is easier to spot and temperatures are milder. The safari is geared to private families or groups with a minimum of four people that have a keen interest in wildlife, game viewing and camping in the bush.
Cost of Okavango Delta Budget Safari Package
Low season (31 Mar 2017)
- R17 500 per person sharing
High season (01 Apr-14 Nov 2017)
- R18 500 per person sharing
* Minimum of x4 people required for a departure. Max of x12 pax.
* x2 pax will be added to a list until x4 people have confirmed
- Throughout 2017
- All camping equipment on safari
- Camp assistant/chef to do the back-up work
- Senior licensed professional guide
- Canvas tents (2×2 m) mosquito gauze on door and windows.
- Ground mattress with sleeping bag, 1 pillow, pillow case, sheets, blanket and bath towel
- Toiletries: (toilet paper only). Please remember to bring your toiletries with you.
- Shared shower (private portable shower filled on request with hot water by camp staff)
- Shared bush toilet (toilet seat over a pre-dug pit with ash to fill in as you go)
- Canvas basin- one per tent – filled with hot water every morning
- Meals around the campfire with table and directors chairs
- Tableware: table cloths & paper napkins, durable melamine crockery, cutlery
- Basic camping two course meals throughout
- Limited Bar: filtered/bottled water & cordials (clients will be taken to a shop before departure on safari to buy soft drinks and alcoholic beverages.)
- Guests could be asked to assist the guide or staff with occasional camp chores such as collecting firewood or water, packing up camp, etc
- Game drive vehicle pulls trailer with all camping equipment and the camp assistant/chef travel with clients
- Luggage space is restricted to approx 12 kg per person in soft bags where possible
- All park entry and camping fees
- Government taxes & levies
- Road levies
- Public liability
- Medical kit
- Limited reference library
- International flights to and from Botswana
- Any transfers & excursions not specified
- Travel, cancellation & medical insurance
- Charter flights
- Private or en suite ablutions
- Extras: flash lights & batteries, thermos water bottle & mugs, hot water bottle in winter, plastic rain coats or umbrellas in summer. Please remember to bring your torch or head lamp.
- Extra blankets & pillows, towels, face cloth, change of linen during safari)
- Airport departure taxes
- Tips & gratuities for guides and camp staff
Type of package
- Adventure, wildlife and sightseeing
Okavango Delta Budget Safari Package itinerary
Day 1: Pick up at Maun in Botswana, shop for drinks and drive to the Okavango Delta – overnight camping.
Day 2: Explore the Okavango Delta on a morning game drive and afternoon boat cruise 2-5pm – overnight camping.
Day 3: Explore the Okavango Delta/Moremi Game Reserve on a morning game drive and afternoon mokoro trip 2-5pm – overnight camping
Day 4: Drive from the Okavango Delta area to Khwai region of Moremi Game Reserve – overnight camping
Day 5: Explore Moremi Khwai 4×4 game drives morning and afternoon – overnight camping
Day 6: Explore Moremi Khwai on a morning mokoro trip and afternoon game drive – overnight camping
Day 7: Road transfer from Khwai back to Maun for onward arrangements (3 hour drive)
- The trip starts and ends in Maun, Botswama
- Clients must be available for pick up in Maun before midday
- Transport: open 4×4
- Accommodation: camping
- Activities: 4×4 game drives, three hour boat cruise, PM mokoro trip and three hour mokoro in Sable Alley Khwai area.
- Children welcome
- Scenic flight back to Maun on the last day can arranged at additional cost
Terms and Conditions
- Prices are subject to currency fluctuations until booking confirmation has been received.
- Prices are based on a rate of exchange of R15.70 to $1.