Have enormous fun on this ride and wine group cycling experience in the French Alps. A guide will escort you from Annecy to St Tropez as you bicycle through spectacular scenery, quaint towns and along the lake.
Enjoy the great atmosphere and energy in the evening as you get together for dinner, wine, good food and great company. There will even be a bus escort service with a masseur if you need some special treatment.
Cost of French Alps Ride and Wine Package
- From R24 895 per person sharing
- Valid from 01 Jun-30 Sep 2016
- 6 nights 3-star accommodation
- Breakfast and dinner daily
- Bus escort service with a masseur
- Cycling guide and mechanics
- Return flights (can be arranged)
- Travel insurance (essential)
- Items of a personal nature
Type of package
- Group Tour
Important package info
- This tour is designed for cyclists with around 100km per day with some difficult stage, but can be done by enthusiastic beginners
- It is perfect for groups from 10-70 people
- There is always the possibility to rent an electric bike to make it easier
- The distances can be adapted
Ride and Wine French Alps sample itinerary
Day 1: Aix-les-Bains
Arrive at Lyon or Geneva airport and be transferred to Aix-les-Bains. Collect your bikes and arrive at the 3-star Hotel Aquakub near the Lac du Bourget. The rest of the day is free to walk along the lake, visit the city center or relax at the swimming pool.
Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 2: Chanaz
Enjoy a boat cruise on the Lac du Bourget and visit l’Abbaye d’Hautecombe, the burial place of the House de Savoie members for centuries. Enjoy an hour of cycling between Abbaye and Chanaz where your day guide will meet you. Discover the little village near the river and have a quick stop to meet a wine producer to sample their products. Dinner and overnight in a hotel near Chanaz.
Day 3: Savoie
Discover the vineyards of Savoie on your bicycle and taste some wines with a wine producer.
Dinner and overnight at the 3-star Hotel la Source in Saint-Jean de Chevelu.
Day 4: Col du Chat-Col du Granier
The hardest day filled with the most beautiful views of Col du Chat and Col du Granier. Stop over and eat some local products. Dinner and overnight at the Auberge de l’Alpette.
Day 5: Massif des Bauges
Enjoy a cycling tour in the vineyard and Lac de la Thuile located in the regional park, Massif des Bauges. Stop over at the Maison Philippe Grisard and enjoy some wine tasting. Dinner and overnight at the beautiful hotel Le Saint Vincent.
Day 6: Aix-les-Bains
Cycle your way back to Aix-les-Bains. Try some“Roller skiing” on the border of the Lac du Bourget. Dinner and overnight at the hotel Aquakub.
Day 7: Annecy-Geneva
Some options are possible such as balneology, fishing, boat cruising or visit Annecy and Geneva. Dinner and overnight at the hotel Aquakub.
Day 8: Lyon-Geneva
Time to say goodbye to the beautiful French Alps and be transferred to the airport for your flight home.
Term and conditions
- Conditions and validities apply
- This offer is subject to availability
- Prices may change due to seasonal and exchange rate fluctuations
- Peak season supplements may apply
- Excludes high season/school holidays, block out dates may apply