Book with Getaway Travel
We could tell you that we’ve been in the travel game for 22 years and that we’re a highly regarded source of all things travel related in Southern Africa and beyond but that would probably bore you. What you need to know is…
- We’re PASSIONATE about travel in Africa.
- We’re dying to SHARE it with you.
- We’re RELIABLE because we’re sourcing the best packages at the most AFFORDABLE rates.
- Our photojournalists have RECOMMENDED the tours and operators so they are all LEADERS in their industry.
- We know what it’s like to DREAM about AFRICA and how to go about making those dreams come true.
In everything we do, we try to enrich your life through travel.
Tailor make your dream holiday
If you’re looking for a tailor-made holiday then we can help. We’ll put you in touch with our trusted tour operators and travel agents who specialise in tailor making packages to suit your individual package style and requirements, no matter what your budget is.
Booking through Getaway Travel is just as easy and just as affordable as booking direct.
I’ve been meaning to email since we got back from the trip – but I’m sure you can imagine after 3 weeks holiday, the catch up that is required when finally back in the office seems to take ages!
I just wanted to thank you guys so much for such a fantastic trip! We were so impressed with Nomad! I am a pretty experienced traveller having visited most continents around the world. In saying that, I think the trip to Mozambique probably ranks in my top few. We had just an amazing time and loved every minute.
I have already – and will continue – to recommend this particular trip and Nomad to friends and family all around the world.
8 day Okavango and Chobe trail
Mary Lou Dixon went on our 8 day Okavango and Chobe trail. This is her feedback from the trip – it definitely sounds like an epic adventure!
I am back at work after a wonderful holiday!
The camping adventure was just that – an adventure! It was all that I had expected and more. Some highlights were:
1. The two nights we spent camping in the Okavango Delta. What I especially appreciated about those two days (besides the natural beauty of the area) is that we spent them with the local mokoro polers and guides. My guide/poler told us he had been poling for five years and obtained his guides license six months ago. He could name every creature we came across – common english name, scientific name and his own tribe’s name for the animal.
2. The sundowner cruise at Chobe. I have never seen such a concentration of game as we saw in that short time. Being on the water, we could get close to animals that you would not see from land as well.
3. The drive from Gweta to Kasane – the number of elephants wandering across the road was amazing.
4. Victoria Falls – the difficulty here was what to choose to do in the limited time we had available.
5. The rest camps we stayed at every night. Each one was very different and each had its own unique special feature. One example was the beautiful outdoor showers at Camp Itumela.
This trip is one not to be missed. For those of you who don’t want the hassle of putting up a tent every night, you can choose the accommodated version. We had both on our trip. But what we found was that the setting up of camp each night created a camaraderie which would not be there if we each disappeared to rooms each night. The first night our tents were very spread out – as far away from each other as the space allowed. By the last night in the tents, we were all in a circle close together!
This trip entailed long drives between stops and early mornings to get on the road in time, or to do nature walks before it got too hot, but I wouldn’t have missed it for the world.
6 night budget Okavango Delta budget safari
Traveler’s comments on the 6 night budget Okavango Delta budget safari in Botswana:
- An incredible discovery! I had no idea the Delta was so exceptional. – Athol Grieve
- I just loved the water lilies. – Di Jones
- The light in the afternoons is so beautiful for photography. – Torben Roug
- I’ve wanted to visit the Delta for years. Moremi wildlife is prolific. – Dave Snodgrass
- We built real relations with the locals we were travelling with. – Sandy Grieve
- The peace of travelling in a mokoro was fantastic. And to be able to swim… – Liz Snodgrass
- I loved the bathe in the hot afternoon heat. – Lisbeth Roug
Booking through Getaway Travel is just as easy and just as affordable as booking direct. All your favourite adventure travel packages, all in one place and you won’t be charged a dime extra.
We’ve sourced the best travel packages that we know of at the most affordable rates.