This super-easy marinade guarantees tender, tasty pork chops, complete with the yummy sticky caramelised bits that everyone loves. Try it with this roasted garlic potato salad and you won’t look back.
- 6 250 gram pork chops (or equivalent thereof)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp chopped rosemary
- 3 tsp honey
- 3 tsp soya sauce
- 2 tsp chutney (Wellington’s Mild fruit chutney is a great one)
- Whisk the liquid ingredients together with a fork.
- Put the chops into a large, sealable bag, and pour the marinade on top, reserving about a 1/4 cup for basting. Squish ’em around so that everything’s coated, and then rest the bag in a big bowl in the fridge for at least an hour, turning occasionally to make sure that everyone’s had their turn in the marinade. (It’s really, really better to do this overnight, to let the flavours truly saturate the meat.)
- When you’ve got medium hot coals (or a heated grill) place your chops on the heat, and make sure to baste them frequently as you braai them until cooked through and slightly caramelised.
Also read: The ultimate Braai Day recipe guide