Etihad Airways sells its stakes in Air Seychelles to government

Posted by Zimasa Katamzi on 3 May 2021

Etihad Airways entered a partnership with Air Seychelles in 2012, and it soon after bought a 40% share in the national airline. The remaining 60% belonged to the government of Seychelles.

Etihad Airways has sold its 40% stake to the Seychelles government

One Mile At a Time recently revealed that Etihad has sold its shares in Air Seychelles to the Seychelles government, making the carrier 100% government-owned.

Meanwhile, the Maldives island chain is setting itself up as a vaccine tourism destination, and as of June, South Africans will be able to fly there within nine hours with Air Seychelles for a week’s stay for about R16 000.

The country’s tourism minister revealed the new ‘vaccine on arrival’ scheme last month. The minister of tourism pointed out that the small vaccination supply donated via India, China, and the World Health Organisation’s Covax scheme should cover tourists too.

The Maldives currently requires a negative PCR test result for all of its visitors. As of this week, there is no quarantine requirement for any of those travelling to an island in the chain.

PICTURE: Twitter

 






yoast-primary -
tcat - Travel news
tcat_slug - travel-news
tcat2 -
tcat2_slug -
tcat_final -