iSimangaliso Wetland Park evokes images of hippos, large bodies of water, and lush greenery. It’s made for adventurers, offering game drives, boat trips, kayaking options, and scuba diving.
But there’s even more to this northern KwaZulu-Natal area than you might expect. Here are 4 restaurants to visit in and around iSimangaliso Wetland Park.
1. Hippo Cafe
Hippo Cafe began operating in February 2019 and is part of the Hippo Lodge in St Lucia. It serves delicious pizzas, burgers, salads, breakfasts, and must-have gourmet milkshakes. The restaurant is modern and fresh, with a ‘street-side cafe feel,’ and free WiFi to get in that bit of work you need to catch up on.
- Telephone: (035) 590 1245
- Operating Hours: Monday – Sunday | 09h00 – 17h00
- Address: 70 McKenzie Street, St Lucia Estuary
Also Read: The 20 Best Restaurants in Midrand
2. St Lucia Ski-Boat Club
If you’re looking for restaurants to visit in and around Isimangalio with views of the St Lucia Estuary and the Indian Ocean, Then look no further than the St Lucia Ski-Boat Club. Members and non-members can feast their eyes on the scenery while feasting on tasty pizzas, pasta, burgers, and more. There’s always a happy buzz, a swimming pool, a kids’ play area, and a friendly atmosphere.
- Telephone: (035) 590 1376
- Operating hours: Monday – Sunday | 12h00 – 20h30
- Address: Sugarloaf Street, St Lucia, KwaZulu-Natal
3. The Hippo Steakhouse
Another spot to eat where the views are just as good as the food. The Hippo Steakhouse is perfect for a sunset dinner while watching their favourite hippo visitors. This restaurant is part of the hotel, but non-residents are welcome to take advantage of their full English buffet breakfast or delicious lunch and dinner menu.
- Telephone: (035) 590 1001
- Operating hours: Monday – Friday | 09:00 – 021:00; Saturday – Sunday | 08h00 – 21:00
- Address: 3 Mullet Street, St Lucia
4. Chane Cheese Farm
The Chane Cheese Farm is one of the restaurants to visit in and around Isimangaliso that give you a full-on experience with your meal. Enjoy their delectable cheese platters, or indulge in their burgers, pizzas, or other lunch menus. You can look out over the pine forests while eating your meal, go on a cheese tour, and visit the farm shop in the same place.
- Telephone: (082) 321 5000
- Operating hours:Monday to Friday | 08:00 – 16:00; Saturdays | 08:00 – 17:00; Sundays | 09:00 – 17:00
- Address: On R618 towards St Lucia, Mtubatuba.
Also Read: The 20 Best Restaurants in Bloemfontein
For more information on these restaurants visit: stlucia.com
Follow us on social media for more travel news, inspiration and guides. You can also tag us to be featured.